With Dark Knight about to open (at the time) we contemplate the comic book movie explosion. So many explosions. Then we talk about Ready Player One, and Lords of Waterdeep. And other stuff. An explosion of other stuff! Thankfully, nobody was hurt in the explosions.
1. Mighty Marvel Movies Precap and Recap
2. The Avengers Recap
- it took 2 days for people to get Justin's 2am shawarma joke
- How would you Plan an Avengers Marathon?!
3. New Marvel Movie Announcements
- Iron Man 3: Iron Manner (Ben Kingsley the Mandarin)
- Captain America Winter Soldier (Sharon Carter can allow a positive Bechdel)
- Thor: The Dark World (We dunno?)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (LOL) (Moondragon and Quasar - you can never have too many lesbians in superhero movies; but they only show Gamora)
- Ant Man. Yes, we said Ant-Man.
- WHY NOT NEXTWAVE?! It has three female superheroes, and two idiots. Well they're all idiots. A complete and total (UNPRINTABLE) is what everyone called Aaron Stack.
4. Boards of Waterdeep!
- Lords of Waterdeep, which Justin sez is so good.
5. The Book Zone!
- Ernest Cline's READY PLAYER ONE, Olaf Stapledon's Last and First Men, Brandon Sanderson's Infinity Blade book (which is the most profitable game, percentagewise, ever made by EPIC), and sure why not talk about The Hunger Games
- Fred Van Lente and Ryan Dunlavey's "Comic Book History of Comics"
- Ed Brubaker's Criminal: Last of the Innocent; Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson's The Boys, and Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely's Flex Mentallo
AND COMING UP NEXT TIME: We talk about The Kirby Krackle's Super Powered Love and Adam Warrock in our long-anticipated episode on NERD ROCK!