Nov 30, 2010
"4 and change"
Continuing from last episode: one last Great War tidbit. A
bunch of things related to the number 4 (the square root of 16,
which is how many episodes this is), and also things changing.
Nobody was hurt this time, because time may change me, but I
can't change the rules of fourth edition D&D.
- Wraith: The Great War (best roleplayer!)
- other White Wolf historical settings for the Old World of
- also Apocalypse versus Forsaken -- topical, people!
- Justin's Great War GenCon experience
- D&D 4 Essentials
- Heroes of the Fallen Lands, Forgotten Kingdoms, and...
- "Red Box vs. Unearthed Arcana"
- And then the ACTUAL new Red Box
- What do you need for D&D?
- Rules compendium is really all you
need for game except character generator
- Player books include all basic
rules and equipment
- DM set is weird, and so is the dice
box -- for tiles buy frickin' tiles, for dice buy the red box, and
for a straight DMG, why not get DMG 1 and 2, probably as cheap as
the new box anyway and full of Robin Laws goodness
- Ravenloft: "Is it bigger than a Red Box?"
- a complete game, great components, just a d20, a zillion
- modular, like Descent or Space Hulk, but with a Dracolich
- Incursion is another grid-tactics boardgame, which we may
- Gamma World: "Why are we even talking about this?! Why aren't
- Some pent-up nerd rage: omitted mention of the White Wolf
- Though it's up for debate -- "...including versions based on
- Basically 4e but more gonzo!
- Brad Murray's review: http://www.vsca.ca/halfjack/?p=757
- Might be more enjoyable than our GaryCon Tomb of Horrors 3.5E
- iPhone 4: "iPhone, do this!"
- Season 4 of Venture Brothers
- Hasn't aired in Canada yet
- It will make you grow a blonde mullet.
- Something about change
- Also Heroscape being discontinued.
- KEEP WATCHING THE SKIES